Sunday, June 17, 2007

I love a parade

I carried my church's sign in the Pride Parade today. It was a lot of fun. I saw lots of church people I know, and my parents, and several other friends from work and other places.

There were 4 blocks of churches in the parade, which is excellent. And not only that, but I'm certain the anti-gay protesters were fewer, quieter, and more ignored. Their fading away has begun. Their hate is on a long, slow slide into oblivion. And churches are opening their arms and hearts to all kinds of constructive love.

Edit: Also, one of those protesters, at the anti-gay parade, was an anti-abortion protester. Not the brightest protester in the world. Which reminds me of this video:

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sam and I were in the area of the parade having breakfast, had we known!

Nothing makes me happier than the death of unjust hatred.

Well, perhaps s'mores, but that's my selfish side talking.