Thursday, January 25, 2007

Medical system

If I'm home sick for more than 3 days, I need a doctor's note to use sick time. (Nurses' notes tend to count.) Costs me $20 to prove I have a cold and need to wait it out.

It turns out that my employer will reimburse me for that copay. Which is kind. But it still seems like a waste of my doctor/nurse's time, if I don't have anything treatable.

And yet I see the point in making sure I'm not skiing in Idaho when I claim I'm home sick with the flu.

Although I'm still trying to get the insurance company to pay the rest of the bill for when I was sick in mid-November. Grr.

1 comment:

Erin said...

In the district I hope to work for next year there are technicalities too. You have sick days to use and can use them as they are earned. The sticky part comes if you are caught using a sick day for a trip to, say, Idaho. They make it sticky because if you take a "personal day", to go to, say, Idaho, you have to pay out of your paycheck for the substitute. For this reason many people claim "sick days" when they are really "personal days". Oh the ways they try to keep us in line...