Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ohio



I had a great trip to Ohio last week, meeting Katy's friends and family. On the first day, I finally got my vengeance: I saw Katy's baby pictures. She was cute! (She's really pretty now, too!) Her mom gave me a copy of one of the pictures, and I took a copy of this one with my cell phone.

Being so near Cleveland, there were lots of UCC churches, with 2 or 3 near her parents' home.

We also went to a baseball game in Cleveland, which was very exciting and a lot of fun. The score was 5-4, including a home run by the opposing team in the last inning that scored 2 runs. At the end of the game, there was a runner on 3rd!
I did continue my unbroken streak of attending major league games where the home team wins. Both Blazer games I've gone to were won by the Blazers, and now the Indians have received my luck. (Sorry, Winterhawks, you're a minor league team. My luck only favors teams with more money.)

And her parents took us to a concert of the Cleveland Orchestra. It was awesome! They really are one of the best orchestras in the world. Their summer concert venue is also awesome. The acoustics were fantastic - I have never heard such balance. The bass was rich, textured and lovely.

No comments: