Sunday, August 10, 2008

Airport Adventures

I'm spending a lot of time in airports these days.

Recently I've noted how different the lines can be. Most days the lines I end up in are quite short. But sometimes a particular airline has really long lines. A few weeks ago, I flew 3 times, and each time Delta had really long lines. Katy's friend was flying Delta, and I saw the computer check-in kiosk fail to find her name and several other people's names. But today their lines were short, while Southwest was going down the block.

Although, that might have been capacity; the line to leave checked bags at the X-ray machine was quite long. There may have just been a LOT of people flying Southwest this morning for some reason. The line at security was longer than I've seen in a while. I guess I've been flying on less popular days.

My flight today was FULL! I was in a middle seat with a big man at the window, and a lovely 8 month old baby boy (named Sam!) on the aisle in his mom's lap. He was cute, babbling, and had big blue eyes just like me. Not too much screaming, mostly just wiggly. I got occasional massages from his feet, and handshakes and other clutching. Boy, did he want to play with the airline magazine! And he loved the tray table. That was his favorite new toy.

No comments: