Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Demonstration Assassin

I've been trying to think of a good metaphor for my job for some time. Apart from the Ender's Game character Bean, I think of myself as a science assassin.

I get a target (topic), and then I determine the best way to eliminate it (ignorance). But yesterday I was the ultimate science demo assassin. I flew into another city with a duffle bag full of equipment, delivered my payload, and flew out the next morning. The bag contained equipment with lots of wires and biomass, even if it was a potato clock and a solar panel.

I was badass.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Did security freak when the bag went through?

Anders said...

I checked the bag, so I didn't see them freak, if they did. I assume it raised some eyebrows. But I didn't find the slip of paper they usually leave when they search a bag by hand.