Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jibbly jibbly jibbly...

I was about to write my Mom and say, "Doesn't it warm your heart to know I'm not biking in this very cold weather?" (Yes, for other parts of the nation, 25 isn't cold. But for here, it's madness.) Of course, I wasn't biking because my bike was in the shop, since cables had broken and the chain was about to.

But now I'm writing instead about how great turtlenecks are. Yes, coupled with a backpack it's like a midget with weak hands is trying to strangle you. But I have saddlebags, not a backpack! No, what I'm writing about is how painful bare skin is in weather like this. Cold, dry weather. And how nice my neck feels when I unroll my turtleneck and cover the last inch of bare skin.

Ooh! I want a bear skin turtle neck! Or is that a mixed metaphor? But bear skin isn't a metaphor, it's actually made of...

No comments: