Saturday, February 3, 2007

Day break rocks!

Why did no one watch this show? Why must the Oregonian critic call it an "insta-dud"? It's so awesome!

More episodes will be posted online Monday, and I am ready. The last one was brilliant. He solves the crime, figures out how all the pieces fit together, is master of his domain.

And then he wakes up. Still stuck in his violent Groundhog Day, still framed for murder.

I love how the music, the cinematography of the last 10 minutes of the episode is that of a finale. They make you think it's over. The music is soothing, the shots are longer. The action slows. Lots of flashbacks, summing up and tying off. Everything is taken care of, the story is over, we're ready to say goodbye.

Because I knew there were more episodes coming out, it was brilliant suspense. I knew this was a false ending. But it unfolded very engagingly.

I wonder what they'll think of next.

No comments: