Friday, December 2, 2011

Gift comedy

I got my wife a present.  It's kind of large and bulky.  I wrapped it in a big box.  She was moving it around the floor last night, as we decorated the tree.  She complained about how much work it was to move the big boat around the room.

The present is not a boat.  But I thought it would be funny to pretend that she had just guessed what the present was.  So I put a look of fear on my face and said, "What?  Boat?  How did you..."  She then took the bait, and as I protested that maybe I was acting and it wasn't actually a boat, she would have none of it.  She was giggling at how hilarious it was that I couldn't keep a secret. And although she never reads this (no one does now, probably, after my months of silence), I'm not going to tell you what it is either.  Except it's not a boat.

She is going to be surprised on Christmas.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm not on a boat!