Monday, January 3, 2011

Library dreams

I had a dream last night of a strange library. I have the strongest sense of deja vu, that I've had the dream before.

I dreamt that there's a reading room inside a library that you have to climb a ladder to get to. But before the ladder is a narrow hallway - vertically so narrow you have to get down on your stomach and shimmy through it. Awkward and uncomfortable and claustrophobic.

My college library had lots of cool, weird rooms. But I'm pretty sure nothing like this. Yet much more mundane and with outdated upholstery and furnishings than in a Harry Potter school library.

Hmm...

I actually went online and looked at floor plans of the libraries at my college, to make sure I'm not weirdly remembering something. I'm not. I wonder what book-spelunking would symbolize to Freud.

No comments: