Saturday, September 4, 2010

9/11 Happened to All of Us

The Council on American-Islamic Relations has some excellent videos, making a point we apparently need now more than ever: some of the victims of 9/11 were Muslim. It happened to all of us. Some of the first responders - firefighters, nurses, doctors - are Muslim.

Unless you want to be a jerk who ignores reality and oversimplifies everything, we need to get over our election-year fearmongering and get with the fact that most Muslims aren't terrorists.

I'm pretty sure that both of my readers aren't racist. But I need to say something.



1 comment:

Erin said...

You're right, I'm not racist, and that bugs me too. That's an absolute fallacy and people need to knock it off, in only prolongs needless hatred and stalls possible reparation.