Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Young Me, Now Me

Ze Frank has a photo contest where you send in an old picture of you (and your family or friends) and then a current picture of y'all reenacting the original.

The results are often quite hilarious. Most of my favorites involve people doing things that are cute when a toddler does it, but creepy when an adult does it.

Pay especial note to facial expression, hand gestures, and overall body position. The best ones are very faithful reproductions. I give fewer points to the ones that kind of match, but not really. (Although when there's 8 people in the picture, it's got to be awesome for that family to have that history documented.)

It's inspiring: anyone can easily participate. I'm thinking of a few different baby pictures of me, and planning out how I can do it. My biggest concern is getting the wardrobe right - my cutest baby picture involves a very particular shirt.

No comments: